FAQs - TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
- This could be due to a low dosage of the fountain solution. Generally it is detected by its low conductivity and high PH. Checking the dosing unit is highly recommended.
- The fountain solution is not suitable for the mains water.
- Beca Grafic’s technicians will recommend the fountain solution to be used, as well as its corresponding percentage, depending on the mains water and the type of work.
- Check the conditions of the fountain solution (IPA% and the % of additives). An additive and alcohol excess could lead to problems of emulsification.
- Following the instructions of Beca Grafic’s technicians is highly recommended.
- Check the state of the fountain solution: its conductivity, alcohol quantity, PH…
- High conductivity and high PH levels indicate that the fountain solution is damaged. It is necessary to replace it for a fresh fountain solution.
- High PH and low conductivity levels indicate a low dosage of the additive.
- Check the inks which are used to print as well as the printing support and the positioning of the rollers.
- Check that the water being used (osmotized, softened and/or remineralised water) has an optimum hardness level for offset printing, which is recommended to be around 10º d.
- Use fountain solutions which are designed to minimize calcium problems, such as, Stop Cal V3, Waterfast Cal, Fount 2012/Hard.
- We also recommend decalcifying regularly, if possible once a month, using specific products designed to do so, like Beca’s different types of decalcifiers.
- Incorrect start-up process. Follow the manufacturer’s start-up guidelines.
- A lack of fountain solution or the use of an ineffective fountain solution. A defect in the alcohol could also trigger such a problem.
- The use of Beca Grafic’s strong fountain solutions like Urafount Eco or Fount 2012/Hard are highly recommended.
- Check the condition of the rollers, specially the contact between them.
- Check the state of the washing blades.
- If the cleaning is done automatically, adjust the washing cycles. If needed, contact Beca Grafic’s technical service to receive help during the process.
- In case the problems persist, check the state of the washer and change it for a more powerful one. Beca Grafic has different washers for all types of inks and productive processes.
- Check the PH levels of the fountain solution. It should not be too acid, the optimum levels being between 4.8 and 5.2. Especially when it comes to unprocessed plates.
- The fountain solution which is being utilized is too aggressive. The fountain solution should be adapted to the specific type of plate being used.
- Use an appropriate plate cleaner for the specific plate that you are using. Consult the problem with Beca Grafic’s technicians as they will advise you on the best type of plate cleaner for your specific case.
- The main cause is the entrance of air in the process of feeding and returning water to the machine.
- Either the pump is cracked or damaged in some way or the level of water is too low.
- Control the dosage of the additive as well as the IPA percentage with which you work. It is possible for the values to be outside the recommended.
Do you have any doubt? Send us your query
If you do not find your answer, our technical department will respond to you in a minimum period of time. The data is completely confidential and will not be published.
We inform you that the personal data provided by yourself will be included in a process for which we are responsible with the end goal of managing the commercial and administrative partnership that unites us both, as well as with the intention of informing you of the products and services which our company offers, either by electronic or traditional mailing. You will be able to exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, limitation of the process and portability of data by sending a written request to our address, attaching a document which enables us to identify yourself.
Legitimization of the process: the execution of a contract and the explicit consent of the interested party.
Recipients of the process: no data will be transferred to third parties unless strictly required by law.